Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center - 3405 Lenox Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
September 27 - 29, 2017
The 2017 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference takes place Sept. 27-29, 2017, in Atlanta, Ga. The conference, formerly known as the ASHRAE Energy Modeling Conference, addresses energy modeling, the core topic of the past four conferences, and expanded subject matter which now encompasses non-energy building performance analysis and simulation and those professionals responsible for that work. The conference program addresses the needs of designers and modelers.
“This conference engages the design aspect of modeling and simulation,” said Dennis Knight, conference chair. “The conference topics address the work of HVAC engineers, architects and other building design professionals who rely on simulation and modeling tools to perform their day-to-day work and meet their standard of care.”
“The conference’s goal is to serve practitioners with the most up-to-date best practices, work flows and processes required to plan, design, construct and operate high performing, low energy consuming, environmentally responsive and responsible, safe, secure and healthy buildings for human occupancy,” Knight said.
- Modeling for and during the design phase (includes thermal comfort, visual comfort, water, and health, safety and welfare)
- Early design modeling and concepts
- Modeling innovative or new technologies
- Existing building modeling
- Model validation and calibration
- Data visualization
- Future trends in modeling
- Making the business case for modeling
- ASHRAE's 4th year in a row organizing or co-organizing energy modeling and building simulation conferences and 6th overall.
- Re-branding of the conference to extend beyond energy modeling to embrace a multidisciplinary approach to design
- Focus on practical applications using existing tools
- ASHRAE LowDown Showdown modeling challenge
- PDHs, AIA LUs and LEED AP credits available
- Virtual conference
- Vendor demonstrations
- Pre-conference courses
The conference program will include keynote speakers, invited speaker sessions, other program types and presentations and the ASHRAE LowDown Showdown modeling competition.
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.