Lighting Research Center
Lighting Research Center, 21 Union Street, Troy, NY 12180
October 31 - November 2, 2017
The Lighting Research Center (LRC) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is offering its popular, hands-on LED Lighting Institute—a 3-day seminar for industry professionals covering the latest advances in solid-state lighting (SSL), Internet of Things (IoT) and manufacturing industries.
Dates: Oct. 31, 2017 - Nov. 2, 2017
Discover the benefits of incorporating advances from these quickly evolving industries into architectural lighting. Learn to optimize lighting systems by understanding the unique characteristics of SSL technologies and the needs of different applications. Compare SSL system components and learn about operating characteristics, rated life, lumen output, distribution, and other important specification factors.The program culminates with participants designing, building, and evaluating their own lighting fixtures, now including custom 3D printed components. The LED Lighting Institute is held at the LRC in Troy, New York, the largest and most experienced independent university-based lighting research laboratory in the world.
At the LED Lighting Institute you will:
- Learn about the latest advances in LED and OLED technologies
- Learn about strengths and weaknesses of LED and OLED products
- Learn to select and specify LED and OLED lighting system components
- Experiment with LED and OLED lighting technology by building sample lighting fixtures
- Explore the possibilities of 3D printing technologies for luminaire integration using custom and modular parts
- Learn how to match application requirements with available technologies
- Learn about the latest LED and OLED research and testing
- Learn the pros, cons, capabilities, and limitations of connected lighting systems
- Receive an LRC Continuing Education Certificate in LED Lighting
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.