Passive House Academy
475 High Performance Building Supply - 334 Douglass St., Brooklyn, NY 11217
August 14 - 18, 2017
Join Passive House Academy for an 8-day training to successfully become an accredited Certified Passive House Consultant/Designer.
This course is for all building professionals: architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers working in the design and construction of new build and retrofit Passive House buildings.
Dates: Mon., Aug 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am to Fri., Aug 18, 2017 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Location: 334 Douglass St., Brooklyn, NY 11217
With 5 days of in-class instruction, and additional e-learning modules that can be completed at one’s own pace, participants will get a thorough grounding in the critical aspects of Passive House design and construction. Participants will be able to apply the lessons learned directly to their real-world work experience, and join a team in making Passive House buildings. On successfully passing the exam, participants will receive a five year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant.
- Day 1: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 2: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 3: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 4: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- Day 5: Retrofits, certifications and exam preparation.
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.