We encourage all members to participate in our BEM Community. Our wide array of Committees offer members the opportunty to participate in important work, meeting new friends and feel great about moving ou industry forward.
All committee meetings are open and we encourage everyone to drop in anytime. All are welcome, come and see where your interests lay.
Committees have been approved by the Board and have a clearly defined focus of activity
The IBPSA-USA Research Committee promotes research activities in building performance simulation by advocating research outcomes, facilitating research exchange, and generating new research ideas and so on. Additionally, the committee hosts and sponsors webinars, events, and conference panels to develop research objectives and make building simulation practitioners aware of new advances in the field.
See current and upcoming events: https://www.ibpsa.us/events
Project Stasio - IBPSA USA’s Project Stasio is a crowd-sourced, public website that connects performance questions with graphics from simulation outputs that succinctly answers the question.
Ask a Modeler - Ask a Modeler is a monthly advice and discussion column in the IBPSA-USA newsletter, think Dear Abby for energy modelers. Each month, we match an interesting user submitted question to a selected expert to get their unique take.
The education committee is concerned with workforce development and with supporting market development for the building performance simulation industry. Its purpose is to support career development for IBPSA-USA members, inform consumers of simulation services about value and proper application, increase the availability and quality of dedicated university building simulation courses, and increase awareness of building simulation for students in related university courses.
The Communications Committee is responsible for developing and maintaining all public facing material such at the IBPSA_USA website, newsletter, and email listservs.
- To identify, prioritize, and execute website and publications changes and updates
- Keep the website and other IBPSA-USA web properties current and up to date with events, news, and technical resources while maintaining quality and consistency
- To increase Chapter, Committee, and Member visibility, involvement, and activity across all IBPSA-USA web properties.
- To make IBPSA-USA web properties the first place to go for technical resources
- To use the website to increase IBPSA outreach by using social networking
The Finance and Development Committee’s purpose is to monitor the financial of IBPSA-USA to ensure its continued operation. This is achieved through tracking finances and maintaining a budget, approving major expenditures, and securing funding through sponsorship packages.
- Establish and track annual budgets for IBPSA-USA
- Continually monitor and approve expenses
- Identify and track past, present, and future (potential) sponsors of IBPSA-USA
- Create and maintain relationships with identified sponsors
- Secure funding from sponsors
- Create enticing and appropriate benefit packages for sponsors
- Ensure benefits packages are implemented
The Building Data Exchange Committee was formed to provide an inclusive forum to support the development of tool-agnostic consensus-based data models for the design, analysis, and operational performance of buildings. Our committee members co-author and publish Consensus Documents for Building Data Exchange and participate in related industry forums to encourage open information-sharing in the development of pertinent data infrastructure for buildings.