Big Ladder Software
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - 77 Massachusetts Ave. Building #9 (Samuel Tak Lee Building), Room # 9-450, Cambridge, MA 02139
July 17 - 18, 2019
This two-day workshop is an excellent opportunity to deepen your DesignBuilder knowledge using features of version 6 of the software. The course is suitable for new and experienced users alike and is structured to give you plenty of worked examples so you can “learn by doing”. No experience with EnergyPlus is required. If you are a new DesignBuilder user, you can use a free 30-day trial license for the workshop.
Day 1 (July 17) - Modeler
1. Intro to DesignBuilder
2. Geometric Operations
3. Roof Geometry, Outline Blocks, etc.
4. Import Floor Plans and Zoning
5. Model Data, Activities and Zone Merging
6. Construction, Infiltration, and Model Data
Day 2 (July 18) - Simulation
1. Component Blocks (Ground and Adiabatic)
3. Timing - Compact Schedules, Profiles, Holidays
4. Heating and Cooling Load Calculations
5. Simulation & Comparing Results
6. Lighting and Daylighting Control
7. Introduction to Detailed HVAC
Other Big Ladder Software workshops in Boston
EnergyPlus for Practitioners, 7/15 - 7/16
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.