Denver Chapter of IBPSA-USA
Online / Ambient Energy, a Mead & Hunt Company 1449 7th St. Suite 440, Aerospace and Engineering Sciences, Metropolitan State University of Denver
October 21, 2021
Join the Denver Chapter for their upcoming October event! Join in-person or via live webinar.
SimClub is excited to have Victoria Herrero-Garcia present about Embodied Carbon, Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment (WBLCA), and answer important questions such as:
- What is embodied carbon and how to reduce it in buildings?
- How does embodied carbon relate to energy?
- What tools are available to quantify embodied carbon in buildings?
Date & Time: Thu, October 21, 2021; 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT / Webinar time: 5:30-6:30 PM PDT
Following times in Mountain, UTC-06:00
6:00 - 6:30 pm - Networking
6:30 - 7:30 pm - Presentation
7:30 - 8:00 pm - Q&A
Location for In-Person Attendance:
Ambient Energy, a Mead & Hunt Company
1449 7th St.
Suite 440, Aerospace and Engineering Sciences, Metropolitan State University of Denver
Health and Safety
- For in-person attendance the Auraria Campus requires masks to be worn indoors.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the door.
- If you feel ill the day of the event, we ask that you please stay home, and if you have pre-registered for in-person, email Aaron Boranian to request a registration refund.
Victoria Herrero-Garcia, Senior Sustainability and Carbon Project Manager at Ambient Energy, a Mead & Hunt Company
Victoria develops sustainability strategies and facilitates green building rating systems certifications for commercial and multi-family residential projects. Her work ranges from sustainability consultant, to daylight analyst, to whole building life cycle assessment (WBLCA) analyst. She works in projects pursuing a variety of green building rating systems certifications and awards such as LEED, Living Building Challenge, Green Globes, WELL. She also works on infrastructure projects pursuing Envision Award. Her daylight analysis and WBLCA work covers aviation, commercial, institutional, and some city projects among other building types. Her biggest interest is to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the building sector.