Considering starting an IBPSA-USA Chapter in your area? Please contact the IBPSA-USA Chapters Committee (email@example.com) to help with the formation requirements and resources.
- A vibrant community with focus in building performance, simulation, the built environment, and beyond.
- Access to IBPSA-USA's Zoom and Eventbrite accounts to share events.
- Assistance in promotional emails and email member management.
- Access to our video archive. Chapter webinars also get saved in our video archive, and chapters are always free to add more content to the archive. This is a great way to promote and share your events with the entire community.
- Financial management as desired. IBPSA-USA can facilitate and manage funds for the chapter as necessary for the different chapter events and can help manage sponsorships.
- Access to the insight and resources of the IBPSA-USA Chapters Committee and the community of other IBPSA-USA chapters.
- Chapter mini-site on the IBPSA-USA website. Chapters can also set up a "mini-site" at ibpsa.us at any time to promote events, share news, and display chapter information. See an example here.
The founding group of members must petition the Board of Directors with the following:
- A roster of members with contact information for each. Founding members are strongly encouraged to be current IBPSA-USA member(s).
- The proposed geographic territory, focus, or special interest.
- A list of past meeting dates (if any), and proposed future meeting dates and locations.
- A list of proposed chapter activities (the IBPSA-USA Chapters Committee can help with ideas).
- Statement agreeing to abide by chapter guidelines, should a chapter committee be formed.
IBPSA-USA chapters are organized as committees of IBPSA-USA. The local group may select its own leadership and may share the leadership roles amongst the members. As long as activities of the chapter are consistent with the IBPSA-USA purposes, see About | IBPSA, then the chapter is pretty much free to organize its own activities.