ASHRAE Learning Institute Announces Fall Online Course Series
ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) has opened registration for its 2019 Fall Online Instructor-led Course Series. Courses will begin September 10 and conclude on November 13, with 12 three-hour courses and new one-hour courses scheduled.
“ASHRAE Learning Institute fall online courses provide professional development through in-depth information that is timely, practical and targeted,” said Darryl K. Boyce, 2019-20 ASHRAE President. “These courses provide engineers in consulting practices, facility management and other building professionals with instruction on applying ASHRAE standards and employing new technologies essential for advanced building performance.”
For the first time, a one-hour course, will be offered. A Brief Look at IgCC and Standard 189.1 provides an overview of the technical content contained in the 2018 International Green Construction Code® (2018 IgCC®). The IgCC provides the minimum requirements for the siting, design, construction and plans for operations of a high-performance green building.
Additional one-hour courses will be added to the schedule throughout the series.
New courses include:
- Guideline 36: Best in Class HVAC Control Sequences, Sept. 24
- How Smart, Efficient, Sustainable Systems Lead to Improved Resilience, Oct. 2
- Laboratory Exhaust Stacks: Safe and Energy Efficient Design, Oct. 10
- A Brief Look at IgCC and Standard 189.1, Oct. 15
The remaining course offerings are as follows:
- Avoiding IAQ Problems, Sept. 10
- Combining Heat and Power: Creating Efficiency through Design & Operations, Sept. 17
- Humidity Control II: Real-World Problems and Solutions IAQ Practices, Oct. 8
- Laboratory Design: The Basics and Beyond, Oct. 22
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems for Air Conditioning, Oct. 24
- Designing and Operating High-Performing Healthcare HVAC Systems, Oct. 29
- Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Aire Systems (DOAS), Oct. 31
- Design of Affordable and Efficient Ground Source Heat Pump Systems, Nov. 6
- Commissioning Process and Standard 202, Nov. 13
For more information and to register, please visit ashrae.org/onlinecourses.
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.