Thank you for your interest in forming a local chapter! Please email the IBPSA-USA Chapters Committee (email@example.com) with any questions about this process.
To form a local chapter, a group of IBPSA-USA members must petition the Board of Directors with the following:
1. A roster of members with contact information for each with a point of contact that is an IBPSA-USA member(s).
2. The proposed geographic territory.
3. A list of past meeting dates (if any), and proposed future meeting dates and locations.
4. A list of proposed chapter activities (the IBPSA-USA Chapters Committee can help with ideas).
5. Statement agreeing to abide by chapter guidelines, should a chapter committee be formed.
IBPSA-USA chapters are organized as committees of IBPSA-USA. The local group may select its own leadership, but officially the chair of the local chapter is appointed by the IBPSA-USA president. As long as activities of the chapter are consistent with the IBPSA-USA purposes, see https://www.ibpsa.us/about/, then the chapter is pretty much free to organize its own activities.
- Access to IBPSA-USA’s Zoom account to share events, which many chapters have done very successfully.
- Access to our video archive. Chapter webinars also get saved in our video archive, and chapters are always free to add more content to the archive. This is a great way to promote and share your events with the entire community.
- Financial support. IBPSA-USA can intermediate payments and hold funds for chapters if they raise money from events or sponsorships. That money would be reimbursed to cover chapter expenses. For example, a local chapter raises funds from local sponsors for an event. We can facilitate acceptance of funds via our PayPal account, and hold/manage those funds for chapter benefit.
- Email and member management. IBPSA-USA can manage the chapter membership and sending promotional emails.