This video has been made free to view for all. Please join the Boston Chapter of IBPSA-USA for a networking session over Zoom, and presentations covering topics from the conference.
This event is a recap of the BPAC/SimBuild 2020 conference in the format of lightning round: about 5 minutes per presenter. Topics could include papers presented, a session overview, or highlights of interesting works.
IBPSA-Boston promotes the science of building performance simulation in order to improve new and existing buildings worldwide while connecting Boston-area practitioners.
Please spread the word among your colleagues in the Boston area! Stay informed about this event and future ones by signing up for our email list and joining our LinkedIn group. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
- Ellie Jungmin Han, doctoral student at Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Ellie Jungmin Han from Harvard University was the author of “Using 3D Convolutional Neural Networks to Estimate Annual Radiation Intensities on Building Facades” at BPACS 2020.
- Kunind Sharma, Ph.D. Candidate at Northeastern University
- Kunind Sharma from Northeastern University was the author of “Impact Analysis of Personalized Thermostat Demand Response” at BPACS 2020.
- Nourhan Elsayed, M.sc student at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Nourhan Elsayed from Georgia Tech was the author of “A Framework to Simulate the Non-Visual Effects of Daylight on the Cognitive Health of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) People” at BPACS 2020.
- Tyler Pilet, PhD Candidate at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tyler Pilet from Georgia Tech was the author of “A Building Envelope Characterization Workflow for In-Situ Thermal Performance Assessment” at BPACS 2020.
- Yasser El Masri, Ph.D. student at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Yasser El Masri from Georgia Tech was the author of “Review of Non-Destructive Techniques (NDTs) for Building Diagnostic Inspections” at BPACS 2020.
- Tarek Sherif, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tarek Sherif from Georgia Tech was the author of “Simulating False Sensing Impacts for Diverse Occupancy Patterns and Behaviors on Heating and Cooling Energy Consumption in United States Residential Buildings” at BPACS 2020.
- Craig Simmons, Engineering Consultant, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
- Craig Simmons from Vermont Energy Investment Corporation was the author of “Panel Recap: How to Tell Architects Something They’d Rather Not Hear”
- Tarek Rakha, Assistant Professor at Georgia Tech